Friday, December 15, 2017

Ark Encounter

The Ark Encounter--from the time I heard about this being built in Kentucky I knew that I wanted to go.  Finally we got the opportunity...wow I was so unprepared.  I knew it would be a museum of excellence--I had already experienced the Creation Museum and expected nothing less of Ken Ham than a first class adventure!

The Ark Encounter--is the most appropriate name.  Upon boarding in minutes I realized that I was in for so much more that a museum tour--I found myself in a spiritual emprise.  I have always believed the story of Noah and the ark.  It is a great story.  Almost any child of four years or older can tell you some of the story--even if they have not had the privilege of attending Sunday school.  The story is found every where...nursery decor, Little Golden books, toys, cartoons....and the list could go on.

But a visit to the Ark Encounter--suddenly the truths that were planted in my heart as a child were validated, made concrete, and rallied my walk with Christ now as an adult.

What I brought off the Ark Encounter:
**organization is the will of God.  The Ark Encounter is a wonderful detailed example of how organization assures law and order to what could very well be chaos. [recipe for disaster: animals that usually eat each other caged in close quarters. 3 brothers cooped up together during a 40 day rain!!! 3 sister-in-laws dwelling together--yeah not going there...AND a mother-in-law--lets just say we all figure the Bible gracefully left out some story details]
**all of the people on the Ark had to have very specific talents and gifts to help it all work.  I know God gave them wisdom and knowledge.  He made sure that they acquired knowledge and skills--either before boarding or while on the job.  So I am once again assured that He will prepare me for my journey in life.
**God cares about the tiniest details and already has a plan for them.

The cost-- the costs of going to the Ark Encounter is one of the first things mentioned when someone brings up the subject of going.
--the Ark Encounter is a first class state of the art experience
--here in America people eagerly pay admission to concerts, movies, game rooms, sport events, theme parks, shooting ranges, golf courses...
--the cost of boarding the first Ark was quite great---and the eight people that decided to make the sacrifice were forever grateful.

So the Ark Encounter---absolutely no buyers regret...in fact we are considering annual passes.  It was an excellent field trip for the boys--and for me!  I learned so much.

I think the timing of our trip was perfect.  A snowy December Tuesday morning..  The Ark was not terribly busy. We were able to take time to read and enjoy the whole experience.  We didn't do the outside park opportunities...but something about snow and bitter cold winds made our decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment