Saturday, December 16, 2017

86 Years of Marriage

Today the Day family is celebrating 86 years of marriage.

49--my parents (12/16/1968)
21--my brother and his wife (12/14/1996)
16--Bryan and me (3/3/2001)

Today is the big celebration of those 49 years. Those 49 years were not all easy I am sure. They lived in 6 states, raised 2 children, were blessed with 7 grandchildren and I only wished I knew how many vehicles they had during that time!

Those 49 years have paved the road for their childrens' marriages.  We were raised that you stay together and get through difficulties together.  You raise the children together.  I can remember growing up and EVERY time my mom told me no to something if I was brave enough to ask my dad hoping he would go ahead and say yes he would always say your mother already said no.  Sometimes they would discuss matters between themselves then come back with a new verdict.

In those 49 years they traveled all 50 states.  That was my dads dream.  But my mom went and saw it through.

Eighty-six is the big number.  The 86 has effected the 21 and the 16.  Not ruled but drew the map.

I pray the big number grows bigger and that the 21 and the 16 follow without stopping.  And one day 7 more numbers will begin and carry on.  That is legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment