Thursday, June 29, 2017

Treasures in my yard

I had a friend pass on to the next life this week.  And of course I am reminded to treasure every day. This afternoon I was out enjoying my yard and decided to share it:

Flowers that were on clearance and pitiful a couple of weeks ago.
Look at this guy...I have heard that the ugliest caterpillars make the prettiest moths--I hope so! He is on my lovely Kentucky Coffee Tree

My guys and their friends have climbed and made forts in these trees for years.

My first jalapeno pepper--I am sure I will eat it by Monday!! 

Tomatoes happening!

This apple tree is full--but look at the leaves!  I haven't noticed red and yellow spots on the leaves before.  My other apple trees have beautiful leaves but no fruit.

...sigh... my small garden...this year I felt this was all I could tend. Even so if it is like in years past I will probably still be able to can beans from it and be able to share too!

I hope you are having a lovely summer and taking time to enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo's, I would loved to have a garden as small as yours, I wasn't able to put out a garden this year. Hey google your spots on the apple tree it is called 'rust' it is some type of fungus. You will need to get someone to sprayed your tree. You have a very nice place. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I will have to check it out. I hate having to use chemicals... but I don't want to lose the tree either 😕
      Hoping to have beans to give to you!

      Delete
  2. I loved the tour! The area with the trees put a smile on my face I could totally see a lot of fun for kids there.

    ReplyDelete