Monday, June 26, 2017

Grace For Today

2 Corinthians 12:9King James Version (KJV) 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
For six years and twenty-two days I have known that I was ill.  Many days I think that I only realize the symptoms. I have good days and I have better days. For three years and eleven months I have been walking. My gait is not always smooth but it has been worse.
Then there are days like today where I sail through and suddenly I just have to sit or rest and remember that sometimes I just have to slow down wait until I am functional again.
From the time I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis I have asked that people pray:
#1 that I would be healed
#2 that I would have grace
#3 that I wouldn't become bitter
I have purposed to live aware and not afraid.
I don't know how I will be tomorrow or even next week. For a couple of hours today I felt that I was slipping into an "episode" but now I am at peace and looking forward to tomorrow in hope of another good day.

6 comments:

  1. I have other issues and I can relate in a small way but this scripture held my hand last year when I went through the most difficult physical and mental trial of my life. I needed to be reminded this. Thank you. I will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Renee. You are a walking miracle, not just in the healing you've received but in the attitude you have about it. Praying for you always. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee, God has helped you so much, you have came a long ways in the last couple of years. One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you... Sometimes I think of things used to be and I immediately give thanks and praise!

    ReplyDelete