Thursday, December 31, 2020

CULTIVATE

I am not even going to apologize for the many months of silence....life happens to us all and it seems to be common human tendency that we try to start/restart positive habits in the beginnings of new years.

Welcome to 2021.

Not to dwell on what didn't go as planned in 2020.  I want to share how I plan to enter into 2021.  "CULTIVATE" is my chosen focus word for 2021.

My resolves?  Goals?

MARRIAGE:  March 3 will be 20 years of marriage! We need to celebrate this year!  Last year...I don't have to explain to you what was happening in my world--yours was in the same shadow.  Cultivating my marriage....make sure that we continue to share and plan goals,

MOTHERHOOD:  So my motherhood is also continually evolving.  This is the stage that I find I am molding the lives of M-E-N.  When your boys are taller than you and out weigh you...the realization of what you are giving to the future is breath taking.  Cultivating my motherhood...turning them to Christ always.  And remembering that my wishes for them is not for my happiness.

FRIENDSHIPS:  2020 caused all of us to change interacting whether we intended to or not.  Human touch is now fearful.  Before I had an invisible circle...and sometimes have shamelessly held off the huggers, the hand shakers....now after seeing how fast I can lose people I don't want to regret missed opportunities.  A favorite quote: "Don't cry because it is over...smile because it happened"  Winnie-the-Pooh  Cultivating friendships by inviting friends to come to my home.  I would love to make the lofty plan of 21 guests in 21!! Back in the fall I was in an automobile accident that left me on the couch for almost three weeks. During that time, we received warm meals and three house cleanings...but the sweet fellowship was very healing.

SPIRITUAL:  Wow!  This is very personal.  But in limited transparency my cultivation plan:  treat every church service and Sunday school lesson as it could be the last.  And guard my heart and soul of what I take in through reading, music and other media.

Happy New Year!

And I look forward to what we may cultivate together!



No comments:

Post a Comment