Sunday, September 20, 2015

Just relax

I am at a point in my life where I am just taking time to relax, to enjoy what I have,  to be present. 

Sometimes while we are "adulting" it is east to fall into the trap of trying to figure it all out.
--is this safe?
--can I afford it?

-can I step out of my busyness long enough to be apart?

All last week the boys worked extra on the homeschooling so that we would be able to take Monday off and go visit family.  Their reward in in addition to visiting great aunts and uncles we were able to stay in a hotel with a pool.  I didn't get to leave the house spotless but I did grab my swim wear. The boys are growing up and I need to enjoy every moment before they are off with their friends. 

These days I am focusing on taking time to enjoy my son's youth. Time to relax so their memories of me won't always be of a rushed, stressed mom....but instead of me and them having good times, at ease.

Today I finished reading "LOVE THE HOME YOU HAVE".  So I am also trying to love my family as they are and not stressing over the little things. There will be a day I no longer have to drill them on hygiene, manners, and grammar. 

Just relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment