Friday, January 1, 2021

Reach Out and Touch Someone

 Today was my dads birthday I have so many special memories of my dad.  My dad had a few traditions that he kept up and were as consistent as a calendar.  He had some friends that he called every year on New Years Day. I remember an old coworker or two as well as a school friend and he would try to be the first to call each other each year. And I remember he was even careful to keep the annual call ringing the widows.  Then two years ago when he realized he would be passing in a few days he called up several friends and relatives.  Bravely greeted them, explained that this would be his last call, then thanked them for being special.  A proper, peaceful exit.  Not everyone gets that opportunity.

What if--

    **we each finished our conversations in the light that we are not promised a tomorrow?

    **we lived in a manner that when we received news that our expiration was near that we could peacefully and bravely close that chapter?

    **we valued today and didn't gamble for tomorrow


Maybe we would hug instead of hurrying.


 

2 comments: